Jobs go as Stowmarket Caravan Sales Ltd heads for liquidation
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 jobs have been lost at a Suffolk caravan company which is set to go into liquidation.
Stowmarket Caravan Sales Ltd, which has been trading for more than 60 years, has given notice under the Insolvency Act of a meeting of creditors, to be held on Friday, September 25.
According to an annoucement in the London Gazette, the meeting relates to Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the Act, which cover the appointment of a liquidator.
The directors of the company. identified at Companies House as Paul Simon Garrod and David Cedric Garrod, have nominated Andrew Dix of LB Insolvency Solutions, part of the LB Group, as liquidator.
Mr Dix said that most of the company’s employees, numbering around 25, had been made redundant on September 14, with a small number of staff having been retained to assist agents who had been appointed to oversee the disposal of the company’s stock.
You may also want to watch:
The company, based in Bury Road, Stowmarket, was incorporated in 1954 and in recent years has been selling both new and used caravans and motorhomes.
Its offer has included Coachman, Swift, Sterling and Sprite carvans and Bailey, Chausson and Autocruise motor homes, along with caravan and motorhome servicing, caravan hire, awnings, accessories, spares and parts and Calor Gas.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
It is understood that the company is planning to enter a creditors’ voluntary liquidation, a process which allows a company to close voluntarily without creditors launching insolvency proceedings.
The meeting of creditors is to be held at the LB Group offices at Suffolk House, 7 Hydra, Orion Court, Addison Way, Great Blakenham, Ipswich, IP6 0LW, starting at 12.15pm on Friday.
A list of the names and addresses of the company’s creditors is available for inspection free of charge at the offices of LB Insolvency Solutions at Onslow House, 62 Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, CM1 1SW today and tomorrow between 10am and 4pm.
For further information, Andrew Dix can be contacted on 01245 254791.