Jobs go as Sudbury-based insulated panels firm Sips Frames UK goes into administration
- Credit: PA
Nine jobs have been lost in Suffolk following the appointment of administrators at structural insulated panels specialist Sips Frames UK Ltd.
Elias Paourou and David Oprey, partners at insolvency and restructuring firm CVR Global, have been appointed joint-administrators of the company, which traded as Sips Eco Panels and has a factory at Glenrothes in Fife, Scotland, and its head office in Sudbury.
CVR said in a statement that the administrators are in talks with a number of parties interested in buying the business, but all 40 staff – nine in Sudbury and the rest in Scotland – had been made redundant.
“Our appointment has come as a result of the company running up substantial losses which has led to contracts not being fulfilled,” Mr Paourou said.
“Many of its customers are people who have taken on self-build projects and have paid for products which have not been received, so the situation will be devastating for a lot of people.
“We are in the process of carrying out a full review of the company’s affairs, but unfortunately the company has ceased trading and all staff made redundant while we attempt to find a positive outcome.
“We are in talks with parties who are interested in buying the business and will be updating creditors in due course,” he added.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
The company produced “SIPs”, structural frames featuring a sandwiched layer of insulation, for the construction industry.