FREEPORT Braintree centre manager John O'Shea has scooped a national accolade at an industry event. He was named Shopping Centre Manager of the Year for a medium-sized centre at the SCEPTRE Awards, Shopping Centre magazine's annual accolades, which acknowledge exceptional performance in the retail industry.
FREEPORT Braintree centre manager John O'Shea has scooped a national accolade at an industry event.
He was named Shopping Centre Manager of the Year for a medium-sized centre at the SCEPTRE Awards, Shopping Centre magazine's annual accolades, which acknowledge exceptional performance in the retail industry.
Mr O'Shea, who has worked at Freeport Braintree for four years, was recognised for his outstanding achievement and continued commitment to the Outlet Shopping Village.
He was praised for a recycling initiative he introduced and a campaign to reduce electricity consumption at the centre at the awards event, which took place at London's Dorchester Hotel. His strong tenant relationships and great customer service skills were also highlighted.
You may also want to watch:
Mr O'Shea has been actively involved in increasing the centre's recycling rate from 44% in 2007 to 55% by the end of 2008. He has achieved a decrease of 13% in landlord electricity usage and by introducing a 53 point action plan he enabled the centre to achieve the ISO 14001 accreditation in environmental management. He has looked at raising the standards of cleanliness in and around the centre and by working closely with Essex police, crime rates have been significantly reduced. He also works tirelessly with local community projects, giving support, time and resources to 92 community and environmental initiatives.
He said he was “thrilled” to have won such a prestigious industry award.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
“During my time as centre manager at Freeport Braintree we have worked hard to ensure high standards in all areas of the Village. It is immensely rewarding to have the achievements recognised by a national industry body. I am very proud of Freeport Braintree, my team, and all the store teams. This award is about them and all the hard work they have put in and I would like to thank them for that continued hard work and support, their achievements have been outstanding.”