Keen cyclists from law firm Birketts reach finale of the ‘Tour de Wellbeing’
- Credit: Archant
Members of the employment team at regional law firm Birketts raised more than £1,000 for Breast Cancer Care by taking part in the Tour de Wellbeing virtual cycle race, held by EMCOR UK to coincide with the Tour de France.
The Birketts line-up of Matthew Potter, Jolyon Berry, Greg Jones, Tom Sharpe and Ben Burt clocked up an impressive 41.15km in 55 minutes, securing them a place in the top five out of a total entry of 54 teams.
They will now get to take part in a day-long finale, taking place at the Lee Valley Velopark in London on october 2.
Matthew Potter, employment partner at Birketts, which has offices in Ipswich, Chelmsford, Cambridge and Norwich, said: “We are delighted to have won the heats and thrilled to get the chance to race against the other top teams in such an iconic venue while supporting EMCOR UK in their bid to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.”
EMCOR UK hopes that the race will support its target of raising £55,000 by October 2015, to support the 55,000 people diagnosed each year with breast cancer in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
To support Birketts’ employment team and make a donation, visit: www.justgiving.com/birkettsemploymentteam/ .
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash