A DIRECTOR of East Anglian builders' merchant Kent Blaxill is retiring after 47 years.Kelvin Rix, 63, of West Mersea, who joined the Colchester branch in 1960, was presented with gifts from colleagues and the company.
A DIRECTOR of East Anglian builders' merchant Kent Blaxill is retiring after 47 years.
Kelvin Rix, 63, of West Mersea, who joined the Colchester branch in 1960, was presented with gifts from colleagues and the company.
“Kelvin has been a real stalwart of Kent Blaxill,” said managing director Simon Blaxill.
“He worked his way up through the company, taking evening classes, including an HND in business studies, to acquire the skills he needed.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rix was appointed assistant company secretary in 1980, a company director in 1992 and went on to become personnel and administration director.
“He also had a sense of humour that lightened the atmosphere in many a meeting, as well as being a great raconteur,” said Mr Blaxill.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
Mr Rix is a keen Colchester United fan and a member of the National Trust and has recently taken on an allotment to occupy himself in his retirement. He has also begun compiling light-hearted reminiscences of his 47 years with the company.