Last chance for Christmas shoppers as final market days in west Suffolk to offer parties, gifts and treats
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The final markets before Christmas Day are set to offer west Suffolk shoppers the chance to get those last-minute gifts and treats.
In Newmarket, the day will be marked with its first ever market day Christmas Party, as a thank you from the traders to their customers.
The party, organised by Forest Heath District Council, comes as the market plans to grow and expand in the new year and it is hoped it will attract new shoppers.
It will be held on the Market Place, from 10am-2.30pm on Saturday, and the day will include free children’s fairground rides, a Punch and Judy Show, clowns, and free chocolate coins for children. Big Al’s Jazz Band will also be performing Christmas songs throughout the day.
David Bowman, Forest Heath cabinet member for economic development and tourism said: “We have some big plans to work with the market traders to help it grow and attract new shoppers in 2015.
“In the meantime Saturday offers a last chance not only to stock up before the Christmas holiday, but for children to enjoy free fairground rides and chocolate coins, and a great mix of entertainment. So come along and join the party.”
There will also be a market in Bury St Edmunds on Sunday and, for those leaving it as late as possible, markets on Christmas Eve are being held in Bury and Haverhill.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
Newmarket, Bury and Haverhill are also all holding markets on the Saturday following Christmas Day.