More flights to follow in the summer to Boston, Toronto and Washington DC
- Credit: Tony Pick Photography
New scheduled transatlantic flights launched at Stansted Airport - with a song and a dance from Broadway.
Primera Air, the low-fare Nordic airline, has marked its London Stansted to New York route launch with a dazzling Broadway show, including performances from the New York-based production of West-Side Story.
Officially launching the Airbus A321NEO aircraft, the celebrations kicked off in London Stansted’s departures lounge with performers putting on a show for official representatives of the airline, as well as lucky holiday-makers and passers-by.
Anastasija Visnakova, chief commercial officer at Primera Air said: “We are delighted to mark this exciting occasion by bringing New York’s Broadway to the home of the West-End. We have already begun operations in London and really wanted to make a song and dance of the fact that we’re aiming to make expensive long-haul travel history.”
Primera Air has now officially launched its London Stansted – New York routes with fares starting from £149 one-way. These are the first scheduled transatlantic flights for ten years from Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
More routes from Stansted will be launching this summer to Boston, Toronto and Washington DC.
Primera Air is a low-fare Nordic airline that operates flights from Europe to more than 70 destinations across the Mediterranean, Middle East, Asia, Caribbean and North America.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
Originally founded in Iceland in 2003 as a charter provider, Primera Air has grown to become an airline that now carries over one million passengers each year with a fleet of eight Airbus A321NEO and ten Boeing 737NG planes.
Primera Air is now owned by the Primera Travel Group, a group of Scandinavian tour operators and travel agencies.