Lavenham: Historic four star Swan hotel is ‘best in England’
- Credit: Archant
LAVENHAM: An ancient hotel has struck gold at a tourism awards event.
The 15th century Swan at Lavenham scooped the prestigious Gold Award in the Large Hotel of the Year category at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013.
The awards ceremony, which took place at Old Trafford in Manchester.
celebrated the best of English tourism.
Hotel general Manager Ingo Wiangke paid tribute to his staff and thanked everyone who had helped the business.
“To have reached top place at these highly regarded, national awards is a glowing testament to our team’s hard work, dedication and passion to providing only the very best customer service,” he said.
“Our deepest thanks go to everyone who supported us.”
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 5 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 6 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 7 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 8 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 9 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into two stationary vehicles
- 10 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
This is the first year that The Swan has entered the awards, which this year attracted more than 320 entries.
It was chosen from a shortlist of five following a rigorous judging process.