Lavenham: Historic four star Swan hotel is ‘best in England’
- Credit: Archant
LAVENHAM: An ancient hotel has struck gold at a tourism awards event.
The 15th century Swan at Lavenham scooped the prestigious Gold Award in the Large Hotel of the Year category at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013.
The awards ceremony, which took place at Old Trafford in Manchester.
celebrated the best of English tourism.
Hotel general Manager Ingo Wiangke paid tribute to his staff and thanked everyone who had helped the business.
You may also want to watch:
“To have reached top place at these highly regarded, national awards is a glowing testament to our team’s hard work, dedication and passion to providing only the very best customer service,” he said.
“Our deepest thanks go to everyone who supported us.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
This is the first year that The Swan has entered the awards, which this year attracted more than 320 entries.
It was chosen from a shortlist of five following a rigorous judging process.