Law firm sponsors boat race.
LOCAL law firm Ellisons is this year's sponsor for Mersea's annual 'Round the Island' race for dinghies and small boats.More than 100 boats are expected to circumnavigate the island at the event, organised by the West Mersea Yacht Club, which takes place on Wednesday, August 15, mid-way through Mersea Week.
LOCAL law firm Ellisons is this year's sponsor for Mersea's annual 'Round the Island' race for dinghies and small boats.
More than 100 boats are expected to circumnavigate the island at the event, organised by the West Mersea Yacht Club, which takes place on Wednesday, August 15, mid-way through Mersea Week.
Entries close on Wednesday, August 8, and competitors will then be watching the weather to plan their strategies, including which way round to sail.
Ellisons partner Seamus Clifford will be among those lining up to compete in his B14 fast dinghy.
You may also want to watch:
“This race is much more than a sailing club experience. It is an opportunity for the community to come together to celebrate this very special island on which we all live,” he said.
“Many of our firm, including myself, live on the island, as do a number of our clients and so it seems natural for a local business such as Ellisons to support this focal event.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
“Sailing round, or rather almost all the way round, emphasises our island identity and it is a privilege for Ellisons to have the opportunity to be associated with such an established community event.”