Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Longcroft Cat Hotel Bury st Edmunds
A luxury cat hotel with climate controlled bedrooms has opened near Bury St Edmunds.
The five star cat resort is run by Lady Lorna Bellhaven 15 minutes from the Suffolk town, on her eight acre estate.
The hotel offers eight suites, each with a climate controlled bedroom, a private, safe garden area, and a multi story viewing platform.
The hotel opened on Saturday 4 September. During the celebration Lady Bellhaven donated a cat hamper to the charity Cats Protection.
The Suffolk site is the 25th to open under the Longcroft brand — which calls itself the "UK's only luxury hotel group for cats".
You may also want to watch:
The brand started in 2010 when Abi Purser opened the first hotel in Welwyn Garden city.
Lady Bellhaven said: "I’m very proud of the facilities we have here and I just love cats and spending time with them and their owners."
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
"It’s wonderful to have so much support from the local community as we embark on this exciting new chapter."