Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth: Partners discus Enterprize Zone opportunities
BUSINESS leaders from the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone have met with developers and representatives from education and local government to discuss options for economic progress.
The meeting, entitled “Influencing the Future” and held at the Imperial Hotel in Great Yarmouth was organised by commercial law firm Howes Percival and featured the town’s MP, Brandon Lewis, among the speakers.
Also taking part were senior representatives from the energy and property sectors in the two towns, tgoether with representatives from the public sector including Mark Goodhall, vice chairman of the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership and Richard Packham, chief executive of Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Howes Percival partner Trevor Ivory, who chaired the event, said central Government had given the two towns some exciting “tools” by designating the Enterprise Zone, but the opportunities would only be maximised by the public and private sectors coming together locally to put the tools to best use.
The discussion focused on some of the key challenges that would need to be addressed to maximise the impact of the Enterprise Zone, including ensuring local people have the right skills to take up the new jobs that will be created and how to promote the zone internationally.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Barnes, Howes Percival’s managing partner, added: “We are delighted to be able to bring such an influential group together and facilitate an important debate on how best to maximise opportunities for Yarmouth, Lowestoft and the wider area.
“Howes Percival is working closely with a range of energy businesses, developers and representative bodies in the area and the Enterprise Zone is clearly key to the future development of the local economy.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm