Marcus Evans Group acquires TV production company World Productions
IPSWICH Town Football Club owner Marcus Evans is reported to have acquired the television production company behind top TV shows including This Life, Cardiac Arrest and Party Animals.
The billionaire’s Marcus Evans Group is said to have acquired World Productions for an undisclosed sum from its founders Tony Garnett, the former BBC drama producer who retired from producing in 2010, and film financier John Heyman.
Marcus Evans Group, which is best known for business hospitality, training and events, also has an entertainment division which includes Ken McReddie Associates, a long-established theatrical agency representing international film, television and theatre artistes, including Idris Elba and Emily Blunt, and a fledgling production business.
According to The Guardian, Roger Charteris, who heads Ken McReddie Associated, will become chief executive of the merged Marcus Evans Entertainment and World Productions business.
Other successful World Production shows have included Between the Lines, Ballykissangel, The Cops, No Angels and Buried.
You may also want to watch:
Party Animals, commissioned by BBC2 in 2007 provided Matt Smith, who currently plays Doctor Who, his first major role while more recent productions have included United, which told the story of the 1958 Munich air crash involving the Manchester United football team, which starred former Doctor Who David Tennant.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL