Microsoft Silver accolade for Ipswich software start-up IJYI
- Credit: Archant
A start-up software development consultancy based in Ipswich is celebrating after achieving a key competency rating from Microsoft.
IJYI (pronounced E-G) has gained the Microsoft Silver competency for Application Lifecycle Management, a comprehensive approach to developing software from concept through to release.
To earn a Microsoft silver competency, businesses have to demonstrate expertise through rigorous exams and submit customer testimonials.
IJYI’s success puts it among only 5% of Microsoft partners able to offer this standard of service.
Chris Pont, who co-founded IJYI in June last year with John Nicholson, said: “The team is thrilled to have been recognised this way and to be able to prove that we work to a Microsoft approved level of delivery.
“In today’s dynamic business environment our clients’ needs are forever changing and we aim to be able to meet those needs and produce the highest quality service.
“Achieving this competency has allowed us to put Ipswich on the global map and it will help us develop the business from here.”
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 10 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
Phil Sorgen, corporate vice president, worldwide partner group at Microsoft, said: “By achieving a silver competency, organisations have proven their expertise in specific technology areas, placing them among the top 5% of Microsoft partners worldwide,”