Colchester-based Monthind Clean’s golf day raises over £5,000 for Little Havens Children’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A charity golf day raised more than £5,500 for Little Havens Children’s Hospice in Essex.
The event, organised by Colchester-based cleaning firm Monthind Clean was held at Stoke by Nayland Golf Club and included a charity auction and raffle, supported by local businesses.
Prior to the charity auction, East-Bergholt Mum, Alli Thumbwood bravely shared her family’s story with participants. Alli’s son Jack, a pupil at Philip Morant school in Colchester, was a regular visitor to Little Havens, and the family was supported by the hospice up until and after Jack passed away in February 2010, aged 14.
Monthind partner, Simon Biggs, who organised the event said: “We were incredibly moved by Alli’s story, and it brings home the immeasurable value of the work Little Havens does for so many families like Jack’s.
“We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received, and are delighted that we have beaten our fundraising record with this event.”
You may also want to watch:
Monthind has adopted Little Havens Children’s Hospice as its charity partner for 2017/18, raising funds with a range of activities including golf days, cake sales and dress down days. Last year Simon completed the National Three Peaks Challenge raising more than £2000 for the charity.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 8 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images