More than 100 visitors to Stansted Airport jobs fair secure interview offers
- Credit: Archant
A jobs fair at Stansted Airport has been hailed a success, with job seekers meeting up with employers seeking to fill around 500 positions based on and around the airport.
The soon-to-open Hampton-by-Hilton hotel at Stansted was one of the major employers at the event, along with Stansted Airport itself, FedEx and Jet2.com. Jobs on offer ranged from security officers to pilots,
Marcella M’Rabety, corporate social responsibility manager at Stansted, said: “It was an extremely busy day with almost 500 people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted.
“The really good news is that 108 of those that attended have already secured interviews for jobs. The employers will be sorting through the rest of the applications over the coming weeks and we look forward to seeing some of the faces we met on the day at the airport in the future.”
She added: “These are really exciting times at Stansted Airport, and the future is set to be even brighter. We are already welcoming over 24m passengers a year, planning permission has been granted for a new £130m arrivals building and we are just about to kick-off a host of new multi-million pound projects to improve the passenger experience and make best use of our existing single runway.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jobs Fair was organised by Stansted Airport in partnership with the airport’s Employment and Skills Academy and took place at the Radisson Blu Hotel.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week