Most SMEs in East Anglia ‘optimistic’ for 2015
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A majority of East Anglia’s smaller businesses are feeling upbeat about 2015 according to a new poll.
A OnePoll survey commissioned by unsecured business loans specialist Liberis showed that two-thirds (69%) of the region’s small and medium-sized firms feel confident about their prospects in the year and half (51%) expect their businesses to grow.
However, nearly a quarter (24%) admitted they expect their business to decline.
Just over a quarter (26%) said they would be looking for business funding in 2015 and 42% plan to approach alternative finance providers while 44% will approach their bank.
The majority (76%) expressed confident in getting the funding they need.
You may also want to watch:
Top reasons for seeking funding in 2015 were to buy new stock and equipment and to pay a tax bill.
Respondents felt that alternative finance provided more flexible funding and that it was easier to apply for and get than traditional funding.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The cost of funding, followed by speed at which they can get it and ease of application were the most important factors for SMEs when it came to funding choices.
On the subject of business worries, cash flow, costs eating into profits and maintaining financial stability were the top three for the region’s businesses.
Liberis chief executive Paul Mildenstein said: “It has been a tough few years, so it’s heartening to hear that the majority of the region’s businesses are feeling positive about 2015, but it still looks tough for a considerable number.
“Getting working capital has been a struggle too, which has made it even more difficult for businesses to operate, so it’s encouraging that those who need funding feel confident they will get it.”