Moulton: The Packhorse Inn doubles bedroom accommodation with conversion of coach house
- Credit: Archant
The Packhorse Inn at Moulton, near Newmarket, which opened nine months ago following a complete refurbishment, has now doubled its numbers of guest brdrooms.
The four new en suite rooms, which open on to a terrace, are in the former coach house of the inn and have been named Kennett, Lark, Ouse and Stour after four of the rivers which flow nearby.
And with full occupancy on the first day the rooms were available, the team at The Packhorse has reason to believe the further investment will pay off.
“It was a gamble to continue with capital investment before we had an established trading pattern, but, with weekly turnover achieving 60% more than originally predicted, we soon knew it was the right thing to do,” said owner Philip Turner.
Manager Hayley Lee added: “With eight rooms and of course the recent AA 5 Star rating, we are now a much more attractive destination, able to accommodate even more guests looking to stay in a beautiful rural location with the luxurious comfort associated with boutique hotels.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the emphasis is firmly on hospitality and the excellent local food and drink of a ‘pub with rooms’, all in the true British inn tradition.”
The décor of the new rooms is the work of Mr Turner’s wife, Amanda. The rooms are all at ground floor level and suitable for disabled access.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
The Packhorse Inn near Newmarket, which opened October 2013, was the first site for Mr Turner’s Chestnut Inns company. The second, The Rupert Brooke in Grantchester, Cambshires, is currently being refurbished.