Moulton: The Packhorse Inn doubles bedroom accommodation with conversion of coach house
- Credit: Archant
The Packhorse Inn at Moulton, near Newmarket, which opened nine months ago following a complete refurbishment, has now doubled its numbers of guest brdrooms.
The four new en suite rooms, which open on to a terrace, are in the former coach house of the inn and have been named Kennett, Lark, Ouse and Stour after four of the rivers which flow nearby.
And with full occupancy on the first day the rooms were available, the team at The Packhorse has reason to believe the further investment will pay off.
“It was a gamble to continue with capital investment before we had an established trading pattern, but, with weekly turnover achieving 60% more than originally predicted, we soon knew it was the right thing to do,” said owner Philip Turner.
Manager Hayley Lee added: “With eight rooms and of course the recent AA 5 Star rating, we are now a much more attractive destination, able to accommodate even more guests looking to stay in a beautiful rural location with the luxurious comfort associated with boutique hotels.
“However, the emphasis is firmly on hospitality and the excellent local food and drink of a ‘pub with rooms’, all in the true British inn tradition.”
The décor of the new rooms is the work of Mr Turner’s wife, Amanda. The rooms are all at ground floor level and suitable for disabled access.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
The Packhorse Inn near Newmarket, which opened October 2013, was the first site for Mr Turner’s Chestnut Inns company. The second, The Rupert Brooke in Grantchester, Cambshires, is currently being refurbished.