Muntons employee and Master Maltster William Durrant celebrates after scooping Walter Hyde Award for outstanding performance
- Credit: George Irving
A malt firm employee is celebrating a rare accolade.
William Durrant of Stowmarket malt firm Muntons was over the moon after he gained a Master Maltster qualification - and joined an elite roll of honour.
He scooped the Walter Hyde Award, which is given at the discretion of the examiners to a candidate who has passed the examination with a very high level of distinction.
Since the qualification began, there have only been six candidates who have attained it.
To achieve his Master Maltster status, Will sat two exams, the Malting Diploma, followed by the Master Maltster.
You may also want to watch:
This involved completing a project relating to the malting industry, a case study and a verbal exam.
Will has been working towards the qualification for the past two years.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park