Music hall - music, comedy and surprises at the Spa
- Credit: Archant
Music Hall is returning to the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe
The old time music hall is returning to the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe again in November, in a return to its entertainment heritage.
Local businessman, and professional entertainer Leo Shavers, is presenting this latest Good Old Music Hall Days variety show on Thursday November 24 at the seafront Spa Pavilion.
Leo is promoting the show, and will also host the entertainment as the chairman.
He sad: “it is really great to bring variety back to the Spa again.
“We were really pleased with how our first show went, in February and we had close to 600 people along, which was very good.
“So we decided to do another one, and again the tickets are selling well, with the help of advertising in the Ipswich Star, of course.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
“We have clubs and coach parties coming along, some quite large parties. That is really pleasing.
“We are talking to the Spa about doing some more shows next year, and not just music hall. Watch this space!
The matinee performance was proving popular with a wide range of groups, including older peope, he said.
“The show stars `Mr Ukelele’ Andy Eastwood, Miss Soprano & Mr Pickle, Mr Stephen Bayfield and Ipswich comedy legend Ron Markwell. All hosted by your most worthy chairman Leo Shavers, and accompanied by the David Carter Pavilion Orchestra,” he said.
Miss Soprano - classical singer and musician Fiona Jessica Wilson has an unusual companion on stage, he said.
While Andy Eastwood, well known for touring with Ken Dodd in this country has recently returned from performing in the USA.
His repertoire includes George Formby songs and he has an ukelele which was actually owned by George Formby, which is on loan to him.
The Good Old Music Hall Days is on Thursday, November 24 at 2,15pm.
Tickets are available from the Spa Pavilion box office.