National awards double for Suffolk and Essex community dentistry provider
- Credit: Archant
An employee-owned business which operates community dental services in the East of England, including nearly 20 clinics in Suffolk and Essex, is celebrating two national awards.
Community Dental Services (CDS) has been named Employee Owned Business of the Year by the Employee Ownership Association and picked up the Health and Social Care Social Enterprise of the Year title at the UK Social Enterprise Awards.
CDS, a Community Interest Company (CIC) an annual turnover of £12m, has offices in Bedford and Bury St Edmunds and provides community services for people unable to access high street dentistry in East Anglia, the East Midlands and the Home Counties.
Alison Reid, chief executive, said: “Receiving two national awards like these recognises all the hard work we have done, and continue to do, to reach out to people to improve their oral health.
“It also offers us a great opportunity to have even greater impact and reach even more communities and to continue to nurture the talent and enthusiasm of our employee owners.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an honour to receive two nationally recognised awards; one which acknowledges our social purpose and another that celebrates the contribution we make to promoting employee ownership.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'