NatWest backs launch of Pack & Send franchise in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A new fanchise of Pack & Send, the Australian freight packing and shipping concept which arrived in the UK in 2009, has been launched in Colchester.
Simpiwe (Sim) Mboniswa and John Dang, who have been backed by a loan from NatWest, are operating from Barrack Road, offering businesses and individuals a comprehensive service to 220 countries.
Pack & Send offers a wide range of packing and shipping including postal services, couriers and removals, covering everying from a 20gm letter up to a 1tonne consignment.
The Colchester branch, the first in Essex, will specialise in dealing with higher value items.
Sim and John approached Sam Smith and Samantha Stone, relationship managers at NatWest, and together secured a fixed rate loan of £55,000 to enable them to open and refurbish the premises as well as to fund marketing and a new van.
You may also want to watch:
Sim said: “We’ve been working on opening the Colchester shop since July and we’re delighted with the result. Feedback from customers in our first week has been extremely positive and we’re hopeful that we’ll soon be able to grow and take on new staff.
“NatWest was recommended by Pack and Send as other franchisees found the start-up package to be perfect for small businesses.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
Samantha Stone added: “We’d like to wish Sim and John the very best of luck with their new venture. We admired their passion for the brand and their commitment to the business which enjoys a strong franchise model.”