New £8m Ipswich dealership is well on track
- Credit: Archant
New Audi dealership at Futura Park takes shape
The managing director of Marriott Motor Group was delighted to be asked to lend a hand on the construction of the new Audi dealership being built at Futura Business Park in Ipswich.
The rain screen cladding being installed on the exterior of the building provides the distinctive façade seen on all Audi dealerships.
And, looked on by Mark Hart from Barnes Construction and David Clarke from David Clarke & Associates, managing director Paul Barnard is pictured preparing to fix the final bracket that will hold the screen.
Construction work started on the four-acre site in February and when finished it will house a brand new showroom and service centre. Ipswich Audi will then move from its current home in Bath Street.
You may also want to watch:
The new £8million flagship facility not only represents the largest ever property investment by Marriott Motor Group, but continues the development of Futura Park retail and business park, which is home to Waitrose and John Lewis.
Mark Dockerill, head of business at Ipswich Audi said: “Now the new construction has reached such an exciting phase, the team at Ipswich Audi are really looking forward to moving into a facility that reflects both the quality of the brand and of our group.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
Paul Barnard added: “On this scheme, we have been especially delighted to be able to commission and work with two well known Ipswich-based businesses, building design consultancy, David Clarke & Associates and Barnes Construction.”