New £8m Ipswich dealership is well on track
- Credit: Archant
New Audi dealership at Futura Park takes shape
The managing director of Marriott Motor Group was delighted to be asked to lend a hand on the construction of the new Audi dealership being built at Futura Business Park in Ipswich.
The rain screen cladding being installed on the exterior of the building provides the distinctive façade seen on all Audi dealerships.
And, looked on by Mark Hart from Barnes Construction and David Clarke from David Clarke & Associates, managing director Paul Barnard is pictured preparing to fix the final bracket that will hold the screen.
Construction work started on the four-acre site in February and when finished it will house a brand new showroom and service centre. Ipswich Audi will then move from its current home in Bath Street.
The new £8million flagship facility not only represents the largest ever property investment by Marriott Motor Group, but continues the development of Futura Park retail and business park, which is home to Waitrose and John Lewis.
Mark Dockerill, head of business at Ipswich Audi said: “Now the new construction has reached such an exciting phase, the team at Ipswich Audi are really looking forward to moving into a facility that reflects both the quality of the brand and of our group.”
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 9 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 10 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
Paul Barnard added: “On this scheme, we have been especially delighted to be able to commission and work with two well known Ipswich-based businesses, building design consultancy, David Clarke & Associates and Barnes Construction.”