New franchise venture for East Anglian law firm Ashton KCJ
- Credit: Archant
East Anglian law firm Ashton KCJ Solicitors is aiming to strengthen its position in the franchise sector after completing the acquisition of a specialist consultancy.
Ashton KCJ, which has offices in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and Norwich, has acquired the consultancy side of Norwich-based Franchise Development Services (FDS), which went into liquidation last month.
The firm has now launched a new business, Ashtons Franchise Consulting Ltd, involving five consultants who previously offered commercial advice to franchisors under the FDS banner and who will operate alongside the Ashton KCJ team based on the Meridian Business Park in Norwich.
Nick Williams, who is leading the consultancy venture, said: “I am delighted that our first class team of consultants now has a fantastic opportunity to team up with lawyers and media partners who are able to provide an unrivalled one-stop solution to our clients needs under the new Ashtons Franchise Consulting banner.
“It will enable us to provide a truly modern market leading proposition of services for those new to franchising and to established franchisors.”
You may also want to watch:
Damian Humphrey, who leads the franchise legal team at Ashton KCJ, added: “We have previously had many mutual clients with Nick and his colleagues when they were trading under the FDS banner, so the opportunity to acquire the consultancy side of FDS and to work more closely with an outstanding group of consultants, was an excellent strategic fit for us.”
The new business will be working closely with national franchise media specialist Venture Marketing Group.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer