New joint managing director for Tiptree jam maker Wilkin & Sons
- Credit: Archant
Tiptree preserves maker Wilkin & Sons has appointed Scott Goodfellow as joint managing director, taking over from Stuart James who retired at the end of December.
Mr Goodfellow joined the firm as sales manager in 2008 and was appointed sales director in 2010.
He said: “My job is an absolute privilege. The Tiptree brand is trusted throughout the world and our singular focus remains the quality of our products.
“Working at Wilkin & Sons is more like being part of a family than being in a business. There is a fabulous blend of heritage, provenance, and tradition, mixed with a surprising level of innovation and forward thinking.
“We have achieved steady progress over the last 133 years, and we have a strong and committed team who will continue to move the business forward.
“We are particularly excited about growing our core conserves business, flying the flag for exports, moving into new product categories, and expanding our Tiptree Tea Room estate,” he added.
Walter Scott, chairman of Wilkin & Sons, said: “Scott takes over at this most exciting time in the history of our company and I wish him every success.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 6 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 7 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 8 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
“I’d like to thank Stuart James for the work he has done as joint managing director and previously as financial director; Stuart will continue his interest in the business as a non-executive director.”
Before joining Wilkin & Sons Mr Goodfellow was a national account director with Mars, having started his career as a graduate trainee with Unilever where he later became a production manager.
His time at Wilkin & Sons has also included a stint as managing director of its Cole’s Puddings and Tiptree Patisserie businesses.
Mr Goodfellow will work alongside fellow joint managing director Chris Newenham. Mr James is the second joint MD to have stood down in the past two years with Ian Thurgood having retired after 40 years with the company in 2016.
The business has been growing fruit at Tiptree since the 1700s and making jam since 1885.
Today, its range also includes marmalades, honeys, sauces, condiments, teas, fruit juices, puddings and fruit gin liqueurs.