New specialist centre creates dozens of new jobs
- Credit: Archant
£4 million invested in new Ford centre in Essex
National UK retailer, Lookers plc, officially unveiled its brand new £4 million Ford superstore in Chelmsford, Essex, creating 85 jobs for the local area.
The new multi-million pound ‘FordStore’ on Argyll Road has been carefully designed in line with Ford’s global brand strategy and will be one of the first Ford outlets in the UK to provide an enhanced retail experience with industry-leading facilities and the latest technology.
“Alongside the best range of products Ford has ever had in the UK, we’re confident that our investment in this new, state-of-the-art showroom with its open, inviting layout and technological enhancements will be met with delight by our loyal Ford customers in the area and all those new to Ford who we look forward to welcoming through our doors in 2015.”
The new Lookers FordStore in Chelmsford is the first of three which the company have planned for 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Others are earmarked for opening in Sheffield and in Colchester before the end of this year.
Ford Chairman and Managing Director of Ford UK, Mark Ovenden, said:“Our specially-designed FordStores are tailored to entice and engage customers by providing lifestyle experiences which are both practical and exciting.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
Stylish, spacious and modern, thousands of Ford customers across the Chelmsford and wider Essex area can now rely on receiving an unrivalled Ford brand experience from the moment they arrive.”
In addition to the new FordStore facility, Lookers also revealed plans to create a new, purpose-built Ford Transit Centre in Chelmsford in 2015 in a further investment which underlines its commitment to the top-selling Ford commercial vehicle range.
The new Ford Transit Centre at its site on Robjohn’s Road, Chelmsford, will focus on showcasing the new Ford Commercial Vehicle range which has expanded significantly over the past year.
This Ford Transit centre will provide not only a dedicated showroom for the UK’s best-selling commercial vehicle range but also a dedicated commercial service repair and parts department.
Lookers Ford Franchise Director, Bob Grant, said: “Lookers has a long and established association with Chelmsford and the Ford brand and this major investment demonstrates our commitment to both.
“Customers are at the very heart of our successful growth strategy and our dedicated team are geared up and ready to deliver a full and comprehensive experience few others can offer.”