Newmarket-based Tristel agrees deal covering American markets
- Credit: Gregg Brown
East Anglia-based infection prevention products company Tristel has signed a manufacturing and marketing agreement covering North, Central and South America.
The deal will see Parker Laboratories Inc, based in Fairfield, New Jersey, USA, manufacturer Tristel’s Duo chlorine dioxide foam disinfectant and market the product in the ultrasound market across the Americas.
Tristel, which is based at Snailwell, near Newmarket, says the collaboration will prepare it for entry into the United States infection prevention market ahead of approval from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which is expected during the second half of the current financial year.
EPA clearance will enable Duo to claim intermediate disinfection of all non-porous surfaces, including those of medical instruments such as ultrasound probes. This is Tristel’s core activity worldwide and accounts for approximately 80% of the company’s revenues.
However, following EPA federal approval, the company will still need to secure state-by-state approval before sales of Duo can commence.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, Tristel is continuing to develop two submissions to be made to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) clearance allowing Duo to claim high-level disinfection of medical instruments. Duo is already classified as a high-level disinfectant in all other markets worldwide.
Paul Swinney, chief executive of Tristel, said: “We are very pleased to conclude this collaboration with Parker, whose president and main shareholder we first met some 15 years ago.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
“The company is extremely well-known in ultrasound having been around for so many years under the long-term ownership and management of the Buchalter family.
“Our collaboration will give us the platform to access the ultrasound marketplace throughout the United States and the Americas, first with our EPA approved Duo product and in due course with our FDA approved Duo.”