Newmarket-based wholesale drinks distributor toasts brand re-launch
A WHOLESALE distributor to the licensed trade is re-launching with a new name and identity.
Newmarket based DrinxDirect, formerly Cambridge Beers, will hold its official brand launch tomorrow.
Managing director Michael Harper said: “We are an independent, contemporary and forward thinking wholesale drinks supplier to the on-trade. We provide our clients with the full range of bar products and services at highly competitive prices and aim to set ourselves apart by raising industry standards in service delivery.
“Our customers can expect a professional, customer orientated, highly efficient package they can rely on. We plan to further build our business on that reputation, questioning every aspect of what we do to ensure we add value wherever possible.”
Cambridge Beers originally launched in 1991 and has grown to become a leading independent licensed trade wholesaler in East Anglia, supplying major brands from the breweries and drinks manufacturers. Last year, it decided to refocus its approach.
You may also want to watch:
In response to changing consumer tastes, more specialist brands such as Adnams and Aspall have been introduced, as well as more than 100 cask ales each month, including locally brewed ‘champions’.
Mr Harper said the change of name reflected a change of focus.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
“The word ‘direct’ is at the heart of our philosophy,” he said.
“We supply products and services that match the profile of each and every customer to ensure the highest return for their organisations. The team at DrinxDirect has excellent knowledge and experience in the licensed trade at all levels of sales, marketing, administration and distribution and we rigorously apply that knowledge and experience to add value for our customers.”
DrinxDirect offers a ‘one stop shop’ complete service for outside bar and beer festivals and will also be launching a training programme for its clients which will include courses in bar and cellar management, marketing and business management.
“By making life straightforward for our customers, we believe we can significantly increase our market penetration. We aim to be the first choice for all bar products and services in our region,” said Mr Harper.