Newmarket: Hughes Electrical invests in store expansion
HUGHES Electrical has completed a major investment in its Newmarket store which has been expanded by 500 sq ft.
The resulting wider range of products includes a Rangemaster design centre, with a display of stoves and refrigerators, and a wider choice in laptops, tablets and digital imaging.
“This is good news for us and Newmarket,” said store manager Andy Yallop, who is also chairman of the local retailers’ association.
“People will no longer have to travel to Cambridge to find an extensive range of kitchen appliances, computers and all manner of home electrical devices.
“Since the local branch of Currys closed we have seen a big increase in the demand for technology products which is why we have introduced a far greater range of laptops and tablets to meet the demand.
You may also want to watch:
“ We are the only retailer who offers rental schemes for such devices,” he added. “It’s also very appropriate timing for us as the store celebrates its fifth birthday this month.”
The Hughes Electrical Group is based in Lowestoft and operators across East Anglia and beyond, with its retail brands also including Bennetts, Trade Electricals Direct (TED) and Apollo 2000.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown