Former psychiatric hospital on 2.6 acres site in Newmarket up for sale
Former psychiatric hospital site which closed in 2015 is ont he market for an undisclosed sum.
A building which housed a psychiatric hospital which closed in 2015 is for sale.
Beech House Hospital, in Fordham Road, provided assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for adults with learning disabilities, autism or people who had been detained under the Mental Health Act.
Agents Savills are selling the building for a price on application.
The facility was built just before 2000.
You may also want to watch:
The 36-bed hospital has five residential buildings, four with seven bedrooms each and the fith with eight bedrooms. Each building has communal bathrooms, a lounge, kitchen, dining room and a seclusion room.
As well as the residential buildings, there are two administration buildings, an occupational therapy building, a gym, parking and a football pitch.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
Savills describe it in the details, stating it needs 'some maintenance works required to bring it back into an operational condition'.