Newmarket: Work starts on Bedford Lodge Hotel expansion which will create 60 jobs
A MULTI-million pound investment programme at the Bedford Lodge Hotel in Newmarket is continuing with the start of work to create a new dance studio.
Scheduled for completion by August, the studio will host a range of fitness classes for members of the on-site Edge Health and Fitness Club as well as guests at the four star Bury Road hotel.
Redevelopment works also include the creation of 22 new luxury bedrooms which will bring the total to 77.
Many of the existing rooms have recently undergone a refurbishment, as has the restaurant which has also been rebranded as Squire’s. Meanwhile, a new spa is being constructed at the adjacent Rockfield House and is due to open later this year.
Chief executive Noel Byrne said the addition of the new dance studio meant that Bedford Lodge was one of very few hotels in Suffolk to be expanding on such a large scale.
“It’s a very exciting time for the hotel as every single facet of our business is being upgraded or extended,” he said. “Not only is this great news for us and our guests, it will provide a boost for the local economy.
“We will be creating at least 60 new jobs in the hotel and the spa, as well as new positions for fitness instructors at the dance studio.”
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
He added: “The studio will enhance our leisure facilities immeasurably, with classes to appeal to people of all ages including aerobics and yoga.”