Newmarket: Work starts on Bedford Lodge Hotel expansion which will create 60 jobs
A MULTI-million pound investment programme at the Bedford Lodge Hotel in Newmarket is continuing with the start of work to create a new dance studio.
Scheduled for completion by August, the studio will host a range of fitness classes for members of the on-site Edge Health and Fitness Club as well as guests at the four star Bury Road hotel.
Redevelopment works also include the creation of 22 new luxury bedrooms which will bring the total to 77.
Many of the existing rooms have recently undergone a refurbishment, as has the restaurant which has also been rebranded as Squire’s. Meanwhile, a new spa is being constructed at the adjacent Rockfield House and is due to open later this year.
Chief executive Noel Byrne said the addition of the new dance studio meant that Bedford Lodge was one of very few hotels in Suffolk to be expanding on such a large scale.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a very exciting time for the hotel as every single facet of our business is being upgraded or extended,” he said. “Not only is this great news for us and our guests, it will provide a boost for the local economy.
“We will be creating at least 60 new jobs in the hotel and the spa, as well as new positions for fitness instructors at the dance studio.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
He added: “The studio will enhance our leisure facilities immeasurably, with classes to appeal to people of all ages including aerobics and yoga.”