Niche tour firm branches out with bridge
A NICHE tour operator will be shuffling a new deck after snapping up an upmarket bridge holiday firm.
Ipswich-based specialist holiday firm Arena Travel, has expanded its range of holiday services by acquiring First for Bridge Ltd.
First for Bridge, which has been trading in various guises for more than 40 years provides top-end bridge-playing holidays for the over-50s, and built its success on offering customers high quality hosted breaks under owners Martin and Judy Holcombe.
Arena Travel has been working in partnership with First for Bridge to facilitate some First for Bridge’s holidays for more than two years, but the sale opens the doors for it to expand the range of bridge holidays in the UK and abroad.
Arena managing director Ali Naqvi said: “We recently received a major boost from a consortium of well-connected investors and this has allowed us to expand our niche tours at a much-faster rate.
“Specialist tours for the over-50s is an area of growth within the travel industry and it’s one we’re keen to exploit.”
The Holcombes will remain as hosts for the bridge holidays and Arena Travel has added new destinations to the existing portfolio.
- 1 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 6 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 7 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 8 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 9 Green light for eight homes in Suffolk village after plans revised
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
The 2013/14 programme has increased by almost 50%.