Nursery owner gains Early Years status
A NURSERY is celebrating after its owner became one of the first men in Suffolk to achieve the Early Years Professional Status.
This is the highest qualification that can be received in the Early Years sector and is part of the Government’s commitment to have a graduate leader in every nursery.
Dan Powick, owner of Rendlesham Day Nursery, spent 2009 working towards the award and, having been assessed at the end of the year, he received the award in May 2010.
“The Early Years Professional Status is a wide-ranging and rigorous qualification that covers all aspects of working with children and running a successful nursery,” he said.
“I had to spend time running the baby, toddler and pre-school rooms and learnt many lessons on how to provide the best possible nursery experience for the children here.
You may also want to watch:
“It also covers how to motivate staff, liaise with other childcare providers and outside professionals and how to include parents in their children’s nursery education.”
The status has helped Mr Powick work alongside his manager at Rendlesham Day Nursery to ensure they are providing quality childcare.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images