Oh my cod! Henley’s of Wivenhoe in running for Fish and Chip Shop of the Year prize
- Credit: Archant
A chippy in Essex is in the running to be named the best in the Oscars of the fish and chip industry.
Henley’s of Wivenhoe will ‘fry’ for glory against Newington Fish Bar in Ramsgate, Kent, in a bid become London and South East England’s best chip shop in the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award.
The 20 finalists from across the country will compete for their plaice in the final and a chance to claim the honour of being number one in the UK.
The competing shops have had their frying skills put to the test as well as been assessed for menu development and innovation, sustainable sourcing policies, staff training processes and marketing activity.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive at Seafish, said: “Our Fish and Chip Shop of the Year award is the highest accolade for a fish and chip shop to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The top 20 will be whittled down to 10 by next week before the January’s final in London.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo