Orford/Levington: Adnams vows to find new tenants for The King’s Head and The Ship pubs
BOSSES at a brewery have reassured customers and staff that they are doing all they can to find new tenants for two of their pubs.
Adnams confirmed yesterday that The Ship Inn, in Levington, near Ipswich, and the King’s Head, at Orford, near Woodbridge, had temporarily shut their doors.
Mystery had surrounded the closure of the pubs, with some locals fearing the worst.
However a spokeswoman for Adnams assured regular customers and employees that they were now working hard to find new tenants.
She said both pubs were leased to Adrian and Susan Searing and that the pair left suddenly.
You may also want to watch:
“We were shocked and saddened to discover this week that both pubs had closed without warning,” she said.
“It is regrettable that their intentions were not discussed with Adnams at any point.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
“We have been advised that the Searing’s have appointed an insolvency practitioner and we are currently in negotiations with them.
“We are acutely aware and concerned about the impact the temporary closure has on local residents, customers and members of staff and are working towards re-opening the pubs as soon as possible once the legal process has concluded.”