Otley: College celebrates success at Plaisterer’s Training Awards
- Credit: Archant
Easton & Otley College has achieved double recognition in the 2013 Plaisterers’ Training Awards, organised by City of London livery company the Worshipful Company of Plaisterers.
At ceremony a held at Plaisterers’ Hall in London, Easton & Otley received the regional college award for the Midlands, which included East Anglia, and was runner-up for the national best college title.
Plastering lecturer Michael Bloom, said: “As a department we have done incredibly well at these awards over the years. The fact that we have been named best college in the region and second best college in the UK is very pleasing.”
“We are competing against some of the biggest colleges in the UK so to be up there with the best is a great achievement.
“It’s a tribute to all the hard work of our staff and students and I would like to thank all our industry partners and my colleagues for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Plaisterer’s Training Awards recognise the quality and standard of student’s achievements at colleges across the UK.
Easton & Otley College, and before it Otley College which merged with Easton College in Norfolk last year, has now been involved in the awards ceremony for four of the last five years.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents