Age UK Home Store is on the move
- Credit: Penn Commercial
One of the largest shops in Ipswich town centre has been let, to a charity.
No 26 Carr Street - which was once part of the giant Woolworths store in the town - has been leased by Penn Commercial to Age UK Suffolk.
At 25,000 sq ft it is one of the largest individual retail spaces in the town centre, reached through its own entrance and underneath what has become Poundland.
It is next to Pouundland, but with a separate entrance and also nearby are Peacocks, Millets and ARgos in Carr Street.
Paul Keen of Penn Commercial said: “We are pleased to have carried out the letting to Suffolk UK to help them with their move from the former Co-op department store in Carr Street, We wish them every success.”
Jo Reeder, head of fundraising and narketing at Age UK Suffolk said
“We are delighted to be increasing our high street presence in our county town, with the opening of a new Home Store in the town centre. As a local charity, its vital that people are able to access our services, and having a store in such a great location will enable people to not only visit us to purchase great quality items for their home, but also to speak to our team about services, other products that may be of benefit to them, and a friendly face to have a chat.”
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 6 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 9 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Burton Albion win
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
Age UK Suffolk works with older people in the county. It currently supports around 21,000 people and their families with vital services, support and information.
Age UK Suffolk are set to open the new Home Store in October.