Pebmarsh: Price tag of £3.9m for ‘versatile’ farm
- Credit: Archant
An arable farm which comes with an area of lake is being put on the market with a price tag of £3.9million.
Hunts Hall Farm, a 260 acre property at Pebmarsh, near Halstead, is being offered up for sale through estate agents Savills as a whole or in three lots.
Savills describes it as “a versatile residential and commercial farm located in an attractive part of north Essex”.
The property includes a Grade II listed farmhouse, an extensive range of modern and traditional farm buildings and good quality arable land. Hunts Hall itself is a four bedroom period farmhouse and is adjacent to the farmstead but located within its own garden and grounds.
The agricultural buildings provide ample storage for grain and machinery, with a total grain storage capacity of 5,360 tonnes, and further buildings for a variety of agricultural uses.
You may also want to watch:
Two large poultry buildings provide additional income as does a range of 16 wooden stables, subject to planning permission, together with a manège.
There is a family shoot and, on the eastern side of the farm, more than half of an attractive lake which is let to a local fishing club.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
The undulating landscape includes areas of woodland with further features supported by an environmental scheme.
Gi d’Angibau of Savills’ Chelmsford office said she expected a lot of interest in the sale.
“Hunts Hall Farm offers great commercial and sporting potential as well as its amenity appeal,” she said.
“It is situated in a popular part of the county and we expect interest from both local buyers as well as investors looking to add to existing portfolios.
“Good arable farms in this area are rare to the market so it will be interesting to see who buys it.”