Persimmon Homes unveils plans for new Essex office in Witham
- Credit: citizenside.com
A national housing developer has submitted plans for a new regional office building in Witham.
Persimmon Homes Essex has applied to Braintree District Council to build the new centre on the site of the former Bramston Sports Centre.
The sports centre became empty after a new facility was built in Spinks Lane.
Persimmon Homes already has an office in the town on a site shared with the NHS in Collingwood Road, but wants to move to new premises to upgrade its facilities and accommodate its expanding workforce which already numbers more than 70 in Witham.
If given the green light by planners the developers hope to move into their new home by 2016.
Daniel Rapson, technical director at Persimmon Homes Essex, said: “This relocation provides a really exciting opportunity for us to grow as we continue to expand our workforce in this region.
“We hope that planning permission will be granted to allow us to stay in Witham and to accommodate for future growth.”
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
In terms of growth the company hopes to train 20 of its 500 Combat to Construction trainees, part of a scheme to re-train ex-armed forces personnel for a second career, at the Witham office, as well as taking on apprentices.
Persimmon Homes builds around 13,500 new homes a year nationwide. The Essex division delivers homes across the county, as well as in Hertfordshire and North East London.