Professor Tim Middleton joins Writtle University College as vice-chancellor
- Credit: Archant
A new vice-chancellor has been appointed at Writtle University College.
Professor Tim Middleton, currently pro vice-chancellor at Buckinghamshire New University and formerly vice-provost at Bath Spa University, will start his new role on August 1.
Professor Middleton’s career includes senior roles related to information technology, strategy and planning, as well as research and enterprise. He has also worked collaboratively with industry to secure significant funding for investment in various projects.
Professor Middleton said: “I am honoured to be given the opportunity of leading the excellent team at Writtle University College as we shape the next phase of our development. I am excited by the prospect of supporting the future growth and diversification of Writtle’s work in Further and Higher Education – building on its strong networks regionally, nationally and internationally. “I believe Writtle University College is well-placed to address the growing demand for applied and vocationally-relevant education, professional development courses offered across the full educational spectrum from Further to Higher Education. Our innovation and research work has the capacity to grow and develop in partnership with others.
“With the recent increase in student applications for many of our courses, achieving Taught Degree Awarding Powers and University College status, we are in a strong position to achieve our long-term strategic ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very much looking forward to meeting new colleagues and current students, welcoming the new intake of students this autumn and getting to know our partners and supporters in Essex and beyond.”
Chair of governors, Julia Smith, added: “We are delighted to be welcoming Professor Middleton to our team at WUC. Tim’s experience, knowledge and passion was clear during the interview process and we are confident that we have found an inspirational leader to take over from Dr Stephen Waite.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
“We would like to thank Dr Waite for his commitment and contribution to WUC and wish him a very happy retirement.”