E-cigarette shop in Clacton offers stop smoking service
- Credit: PA
An e-cigarette shop in Clacton is the first in the district to offer a stop smoking service to residents.
Vaporever, in West Avenue, has signed Provide’s smoking cessation contract and will work in partnership with them, Tendring District Council (TDC) and Essex County Council to support smokers looking to quit, by providing one-to-one support and e-cigarette intervention.
Donna Porter, from Provide, has supported the shop manager Kerry Ford since December 2016 in developing the service, and they will use their new expertise to provide support to local individuals wishing to quit.
Ms Ford said she enjoys helping people stop smoking.
“Vaping is a logical way to help people give up cigarettes, and everything harmful that comes with them, and move to a healthier alternative,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“Our stop smoking support will provide a holistic approach to that journey to giving up for good.”
Lynda McWilliams, TDC Cabinet Member for Health and Education, said smoking remains one of the biggest causes of ill health and every year around 100,000 people in the UK die from smoking.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
For more details go to www.essexlifestyleservice.org.uk/stop-smoking/