E-cigarette shop in Clacton offers stop smoking service
- Credit: PA
An e-cigarette shop in Clacton is the first in the district to offer a stop smoking service to residents.
Vaporever, in West Avenue, has signed Provide’s smoking cessation contract and will work in partnership with them, Tendring District Council (TDC) and Essex County Council to support smokers looking to quit, by providing one-to-one support and e-cigarette intervention.
Donna Porter, from Provide, has supported the shop manager Kerry Ford since December 2016 in developing the service, and they will use their new expertise to provide support to local individuals wishing to quit.
Ms Ford said she enjoys helping people stop smoking.
“Vaping is a logical way to help people give up cigarettes, and everything harmful that comes with them, and move to a healthier alternative,” she added.
“Our stop smoking support will provide a holistic approach to that journey to giving up for good.”
Lynda McWilliams, TDC Cabinet Member for Health and Education, said smoking remains one of the biggest causes of ill health and every year around 100,000 people in the UK die from smoking.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 7 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 8 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
For more details go to www.essexlifestyleservice.org.uk/stop-smoking/