Pubs chain Wetherspoon to create 15,000 jobs over next five years
- Credit: PA
Pub chain JD Wetherspoon is to open 200 new pubs and create 15,000 jobs over the next five years, the company has announced.
The firm said it will invest more than £400million developing new pubs across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Wetherspoon, which already operates 931 pubs and employs 34,000 staff, said the new jobs will be spread across the new outlets as well as at existing sites.
The new posts will include management roles as well as jobs for bar, kitchen and front of house staff.
Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin said: “We are looking forward to opening the new pubs, many of which will be in areas where Wetherspoon is not yet represented. We are proud to be creating so many new jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“Wetherspoon paid more than £600m in taxes in our last financial year and this will rise to approximately £1billion in the course of the next five years.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week