Punch targets growth in East Anglia
Pubs operator Punch Taverns has pledged to spend £3.4 million on upgrading its estate in East Anglia. Punch, which currently ranks as the UK's largest pub company, just ahead of Enterprise Inns, plans to invest in up to 25 pubs in the region during its current financial year.
Pubs operator Punch Taverns has pledged to spend £3.4 million on upgrading its estate in East Anglia.
Punch, which currently ranks as the UK's largest pub company, just ahead of Enterprise Inns, plans to invest in up to 25 pubs in the region during its current financial year.
During the first quarter of the year alone 11 schemes were completed, including a £330,000 refurbishment at the Bull in Brantham, which how has a new interior including a restaurant area and a locals bar, and £130,000 of work at the Shiplaunch in Ipswich.
Besides improving general facilities, the investment is focusing on extending the food offer of pubs as a growing number of consumers are seeking a meal as well as a drink.
You may also want to watch:
Regional operations director Russell Cawtheray said: “We are committed to ensuring our estate is second to none when it comes to the quality of amenities for customers - and increasingly this includes providing a first class food offer.
“Working closely with our retailers in the area, East Anglia will continue to be an important focal point for investment in our pubs.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 10 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
Punch Taverns currently operates around 500 pubs in the region out of a total of 9,600 nationwide.