A GREENFINGERED railway station worker has scooped an accolade for his dedication to the job.Lowestoft station's Ray Stone won the award for Outstanding Railway Staff Contribution at this year's National Community Rail Awards held at Bexhill-on-Sea.
A GREENFINGERED railway station worker has scooped an accolade for his dedication to the job.
Lowestoft station's Ray Stone won the award for Outstanding Railway Staff Contribution at this year's National Community Rail Awards held at Bexhill-on-Sea.
The long-serving One railway employee was rewarded for his unfailing courtesy and good humour, coupled with his unflappable nature.
As well as being ready to help passengers and keeping a careful eye on the state of the station concourse, he has enthusiastically adopted floral displays at the station and transformed its appearance and feel.
You may also want to watch:
Judges commented on his cheery nature and commitment to maintaining the station to a high standard while going the extra mile in caring for the hanging baskets.
Clive Morris, business director, rural, for One said: “Ray Stone has great pride in his job, and provides passengers - local and visitors alike - with reassurance, good humour and the best possible face for the railway today.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview