Rendlesham: GAH Refrigeration picks up innovation title at RAC Cooling Awards
- Credit: Archant
GAH Refrigeraton has won the Refrigeration Innovation of the Year title at the 2013 RAC Cooling Awards.
The firm, based at Rendlesham, near Woodbridge,specialises in transport refrigeration systems, with Tesco, Asda and Iceland having all expressed interest in its latest design due to its “green” credentials.
The judges described the company’s RD250e model as “An innovative design created in direct response to customer’s needs.”
John Reader, managing director of GAH, said, “This is a huge achievement for all of us and great to receive the recognition, especially this year, our 20th anniversary year.
“So far, Tesco, Asda and Iceland have expressed an interested in adopting this innovative design for their fleets but, because of its green credentials and the benefits to the operator, it is hoped that this system will become the refrigeration system of choice for panel vans and box bodies.”
You may also want to watch:
GAH already designs and manufactures transport refrigeration systems for many of the leading supermarket chains, including Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Iceland and Ocado, and closer to home, a number opf local food producers and suppliers.
Besides food, its systems are also used in the transport of other temperature-sensitive items ranging from pharmaceuticals to fine art.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
Originally launched in Ipswich, GAH is now based at Bentwaters Parks, Rendlesham, where it employs around 70 people, with a further 50 engineers based nationwide.