Rendlesham/Melton: Rosewoods acquires Saunders Plumbing and Heating
A SUFFOLK plumbing and heating firm has been taken over by a building services group.
Saunders Plumbing and Heating Ltd, based at Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham, faced closure after 50 years of servicing and maintenance in Suffolk, North Essex and the Norfolk border.
But acquisition of the assets and goodwill of the company has been completed by Melton-based group Rosewoods ahead of a winding-up meeting tomorrow.
Established in 1985, Rosewoods provides refurbishment, construction and development services for homes and holiday properties across East Anglia and aims to expand the functions and reach of the business, which had traded under the GAH group.
It is not yet clear how many staff will be re-employed, but a number will be taken on by Rosewoods, which intends to invest with the support of funding partner EV Capital Ltd.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Gaskin, managing director, of Rosewoods said: “It is a perfect fit with our other building and property services activities. We look forward to offering the Saunders customers continued excellent service and a wider product offering.” Steven Law, of insolvency firm Baker Tilly, confirmed the residual business will go into liquidation tomorrow.
He added: “The sale represents the best outcome in difficult circumstances. I am pleased that some of the former employees have found work and we will work with the purchaser to ensure that there is no disruption for the company’s customers.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth