Restaurant group unveils £4m investment
NORTH Essex-based Milsom Hotels is to launch its first venture in Suffolk with the conversion of Kesgrave Hall, near Ipswich.The company is aiming to repeat the success of its “milsoms” restaurant with rooms business, which opened in Dedham in 2001, through a partnership with Colchester-based property developer The Hills Group.
NORTH Essex-based Milsom Hotels is to launch its first venture in Suffolk with the conversion of Kesgrave Hall, near Ipswich.
The company is aiming to repeat the success of its “milsoms” restaurant with rooms business, which opened in Dedham in 2001, through a partnership with Colchester-based property developer The Hills Group.
Kesgrave Hall, which dates from 1850 and is Grade II listed, will be fitted out to create a 100 seat bar/restaurant, an outside dining area with views across its 38 acres of grounds, meeting and private dining facilities and 15 bedrooms.
It will operate as “milsoms at Kesgrave Hall” and is due to open in March next year, creating about 60 new full- and part-time jobs and representing an investment of around £4million.
You may also want to watch:
“We've been looking for another property for a couple of years now,” said Paul Milsom, managing director of Milsom Hotels.
“Kesgrave Hall is perfect; the location between Woodbridge and Ipswich is great and it'll be every bit as good as the original milsoms. One can expect the same approachable, friendly and sensibly priced experience that has worked so well in Dedham.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
The extensive building and refurbishment programme will be carried out by Hills Group and the design will be led by Geraldine Milsom, who will bring the same sense of style and informality that milsoms has become known for.
Jonathan Hills, managing director of Hills Group, added: “We are very excited by this partnership between our two companies, and with our combined expertise in hospitality and construction I'm sure that milsoms at Kesgrave Hall will be a very special place.”
Besides the existing milsoms business, Milsom Hotels also owns Le Talbooth restaurant and the Maison Talbooth hotel in Dedham and The Pier at Harwich. It is also on the panel of caterers at the Trinity Park conference and events centre near Ipswich, but milsoms at Kesgrave Hall will be its first permanent venue in Suffolk.
The Hills Group is a broad based construction and development group of companies based in Colchester and benefits from over 80 years experience in the industry.