Ryanair and easyJet add new routes from Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Budget airlines easyJet and Ryanair have each announced a new route from Stansted Airport.
The Greek island of Zakynthos will become the 25th destination offered by easyJet from Stansted on May 28, with a weekly service throughout the summer.
Neil Slaven, commercial manager at easyJet, said: “We’re pleased to be adding another destination to our network from London Stansted Airport.
“Zakynthos is widely renowned for its great beaches which combined with small harbour towns make it a great summer holiday destination for families but with plenty of vibrant night life available for those who seek it.
“Our Greek routes are proving extremely popular for those who wish to get some easy and affordable summer sun, and we’re sure that our new route will be no exception.”
Mark Souter, Stansted Airport’s head of airline development, said: “I’m delighted to welcome yet another exciting new addition to Stansted’s extensive route network which already serves more scheduled destinations in Europe than any other UK airport.
“The launch of easyJet’s service to the beautiful Greek island of Zakynthos is fantastic news and provides passengers in the eastern region and London with even more choice this summer.”
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 8 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 9 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
Meanwhhile, Ryanair is adding Hamburg to its next winter schedule from Stansted, with twice-daily flights starting from the beginning of November.
Ryanair’s spokesman Robin Kiely said:”We are pleased to announce this new double daily service from London Stansted to Hamburg, Ryanair’s newest base, beginning at the start of November.”