Sainsbury’s adds Habitat brand to roll-out of in-store Argos concessions
- Credit: PA
Sainsbury’s is to more than double the number of Argos outlets in its supermarkets by Christmas and introduce home furnishings retailer Habitat into its stores for the first time.
The grocery giant said the move, which follows its newly-completed £1.4bn takeover of Argos and Habitat owner Home Retail Group, will give customers access to more than 90,000 products under one roof.
Sainsbury’s will increase the number of Argos concessions from 13 to 30 and open five Mini Habitat stores within its supermarkets over the coming months.
Boss Mike Coupe said: “This is the start of an exciting new phase for Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat.
“Being able to shop across all three brands under one roof will make our customers’ lives even more convenient and offer them incredible choice.”
You may also want to watch:
The takeover of Home Retail aims to give the firm greater firepower to take on the likes of Amazon, with Sainsbury’s last week also announcing the launch of a new women’s clothing collection, Tu Premium.
The combination of Sainsbury’s and Argos will create one of the biggest non-food retailers in the UK with more than 2,000 stores and 195,000 staff.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband