Coffee shop franchise boss’s delight at reaction to shop’s £60k facelift
- Credit: Archant
A popular market town café has re-opened following a major makeover.
Antony Tagliamonti, chief executive of Scoffs Group Ltd - the largest franchise of Costa Coffee in the UK - said he was delighted at the reaction to the £60k refurbishment at the re-opening of its Saxmundham coffee shop.
"We're really privileged to be such a hub of the community here in Saxmundham. I'm delighted to see the positive response to the refurbishment today - making sure our customers are happy is what it's all about," he said.
MORE - Family plans to re-open seaside restaurant - nearly a year after it closedStore manager Laura Winyard said: "Lots of customers have told us they really like the warm and welcoming feel of the new store, which is exactly the atmosphere we want to create. It's great to have so many of our regular customers in today and enjoying the store - and brilliant to see some new faces in too."
Town council chairman Jeremy Smith unveiled the newly refurbished store at a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
"We are delighted that Scoffs Group have brought a bright renewed Costa Coffee to our town today," he said.
"Places like Saxmundham work best when they achieve a fine blend of local independent businesses - which we certainly have - with stores from popular national brands like Costa."
The Costa Coffee shop in Church Place re-opened on Wednesday, February 5, following a nine day closure to carry out the works.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 10 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
The store, which has a team of seven staff under manager Laura Jane Winyard, has been open for six years.