SCL acquisition of Colchester-based Bluepoint Technologies to create ‘one stop shop’ IT company
- Credit: Archant
Colchester-based Bluepoint Technologies has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by SCL Ventures in a deal creating a “one stop shop” offering a fully integrated range of IT services.
Bluepoint provides consultancy, design, installation and maintenance services relating to IT and security systems and currently employs around 40 people.
SCL Communications, which has around 60 employees, provides services such as server administration and network design and until now has worked exclusively within governmental organisations in London.
SCL Ventures has been created as a new holding company to bring the two businesses together.
Managing director Steve Longford said: “If you look at what Bluepoint does, we do all of the bits they don’t do. Putting the two together allows us to offer a ‘one stop shop’ design, installation and support service.
You may also want to watch:
“The two companies support each other and can cross-pollinate, allowing SCL to extend its range beyond governmental circles.”
SCL was advised on the acquisition by a team from law firm Ashton KCJ, led by Geoff Hazlewood, partner and head of corporate and commercial, assisted by Scott Hilton on commercial property aspects.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
Mr Hazlewood said: “It has been a pleasure advising Steve on this transaction. The acquisition really complements the existing SCL business and I am sure Steve will grow the two together to great effect.”
Mr Longford, who lives at Glemsford, near Sudbury, and launched SCL in 1998 following a career in the air force, added: “The team at Ashton KCJ led by Geoff Hazlewood were a pleasure to work with.
“They were always available to answer any of my questions and shepherd the deal through to a successful completion. Now it’s time for me to get down to work and grow the business.”